23 November 2007

My recent experiences with online booksellers

Ideefixe used to be my first stop when I deciced to buy a book or search for a topic, recently I had problems finding books that I wanted on that site, so I experienced a few.Here are my first impressions

Ilke Kitap: I was looking for Ahmet Sel's Moskova Insanlari photograph book and none of the other online sellers had this book in their stocks, i saw the book listed on that site and i decided to email them whether to place an order or not.They replied very quicky stating that the book is available and order can be submitted.Great! I placed the order on Friday afternoon and I had the book on Tuesday morning,very fast service. http://www.ilkekitap.com

Pandora: I had similar experience with Pandora,I was looking for Elde var Moskova by Suat Taspinar,another book out of stock from all retailers. The book was listed as available but it was missing in the Beyoglu shop's online stock inquiry so I emailed them also.In one week I got an email message sayin "We supplied the book you are asking,you can not order it".I emailed back that I wanted to buy the book from Bogazici shop and they replied we are sending the book to Bogazici branch,you can gather from the shop in 3 hours.Great service.! Thanks to pandora. http://www.pandora.com.tr

Kitap Yurdu: I placed an order for 3 books and a VCD, all were listed as available and estimated suppy period was listed as 4 days.I submitted the order on Tuesday and when I checked my order on next Monday the status of all items were:Supplied but status of my order was pending for shipment.I emailed them and asked why my order is not shipped for 6 days.One day later they replied that my order is 'Ready to be shipped' and only Wednesday I got my books,so it took 8 days not 4 for the order to be arrived. http://www.kitapyurdu.com

Conclusion: After the great customer satisfaction that Pandora provided,they are my first destinaton for books from now on.I will also consider IlkeKitap if I can not find what I am looking for at Pandora.

No comments: