21 February 2006

Book Review: Kirmizi Fener Sokagi

Title: Kirmizi Fener Sokagi
Writer: Mehmer Unver
Year: 2005
Pages: 446

I have been in Amsterdam in 2003 for 1 month.I loved the city which looked liked a movie set of 16th-18th century. That's why I decided to give this book a try.
The story of the book takes place in Amsterdam, specifically the famous Red Light District.As far as I remember, it was written in one of the newspapera that the story is based on true stories of people that the writer has interviewed.

The story tells about three woman of two working in the red light district and one is an immigrant die to her ex-membership of an illagal organization and a father looking for his son.The story is boring, the events and places are boring, it is hard to read up to the end.I do not recommend this book to anyone.

No comments: