29 August 2008

Parks of Moscow

Whenever my visits to Moscow happen during spring or summer I realize how green and bright is Moscow.I read somewhere [from an architect] that modern capital cities of Europe has 10 meter square green area per person and this ratio is only 2 for Istanbul and it is 55-60 for Moscow!!

Moscow has many many beautiful parks all around the city,I had a chance to view only a few of them,let me briefly introduce them with one sentence. The list is in the order I visited.

Kolomenskoye: Can be reached of with metro station Kolomenskaya on green line.This is a lovely and huge park with a beautiful green environment



Tsaritsino : Hosts the palace of Caterina-II,also a nice park with beautiful nature.It also has a metro station with its name on green line.

VDNX: This huge park contains soviet era buildings and statues with Stalinist architecture.Not a nature park but it also hosts a nice lake with green atmosphere. Also a VDHX station exists on moscow metro,the orange line.

Gorki :
The only park I had to pay to ente and the worst one :) I even do not remember what was inside. Can be reached at Metro Park Kultury,in fact Park Kultury is right across Gorki Park,but i did not have time to visit.

Park Pobedi: Very nice park again,a must see.It also hosts a World War museum but it was closed when i got there.Everyone was skating in the park even children and old-aged couples.

It can be reached through Park Pobedi station which is the deepest one in Moscow Metro and it is claimed to be the deepest in the world.

No comments: